Need something as a “pick me up”? This Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie does just that while being healthy and tasty! After all, who does not love strawberries and banana’s?!
Often times I wake up in the morning wanting something juicy. I find it difficult to have a healthy breakfast that doesn’t take me a ton of extra time in the morning. This is just one reason I love the idea of these smoothies! Also, with my desire to sip on beverages, I decided to start making my lunch, breakfast or sometimes even dinners in the form of a shake. I could go on and on of a list of reasons why I love this idea, however I’ll save that for a later post.
This makes a great drink at any time of the day which will fill you up. In addition to, keeping your cravings out of your mind! (Who wants to be thinking about chocolate all night long? — Not me!) Instead of rambling on, check out my recent finding and let me know if you try it in the comments!
- 1/4 cup Uncooked Oats (old fashioned rolled oats recommended; do not use Steel cut oats)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dried Chia Seeds
- 3/4 cup Skim Milk
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Low-Fat Yogurt (Greek Yogurt preferred)
- 1/2 cup fresh quartered Strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh Banana slices
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1-2 teaspoons Honey, optional (or substitute preferred Sweetener)
Blend Oats and Chia Seeds in Ninja Single Serve until texture of flour (I chose to make a triple batch and used the blender jar- as pictured). Add Milk & Juice. Blend. Add Yogurt, Strawberries, Bananas & Almond Extract. Blend. Taste & add desired sweetener, if needed. Blend until desired thickness. Refrigerate overnight, or a minimum of 3 hours, so Oats & Chias can soften. Will keep in refrigerator at least 2-3 days. Shake before drinking.
Too Thick?: add more juice or milk & shake or return to Ninja Blender.
- If you don’t have a Ninja Mega Kitchen System (BL770)to use the cups- go buy one! You’ll LOVE it.
- Depending on my protein or choice of foods for the rest of the day, I will add some protein powder!
Check out other Breakfast and Smoothies here and let me know what you think in the comments!