Need something to help hold onto that Fall season just a little bit longer? Apples, Peanut Butter & Cinnamon makes this healthy, filling, tasty smoothie help to start the day off feeling like Fall!
Recently I have had this “kick” for wanting something just to sip on. Sometimes I wonder if that’s why I enjoy a soda, coffee, tea, etc. (Unfortunately I can’t drink just black coffee so it ends up being not so healthy). Because of this desire to sip I decided to start making my lunch, breakfast or sometimes even dinners in the form of a shake. I could go on and on of a list of reasons why I love this idea, however I’ll save that for a later post. For today, I’ll just focus on my newest favorite & incredibly delicious drink of choice: Apple, Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Oatmeal Smoothie.
It’s a great drink at any time of the day and it is definitely going to fill you up, keeping your cravings out of your mind! (Who wants to be thinking about chocolate all night long? — Not me!) Instead of rambling on, check out my recent finding and let me know if you try it in the comments!
- 1/4 cup Uncooked Oats (old fashioned rolled oats recommended; do not use steel cut oats)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dried Chia Seeds
- 1 cup Skim Milk
- 1/4 cup Low-Fat Yogurt (Greek Yogurt recommended)
- 3/4 cup Applesauce
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter or PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoons honey, optional (or substitute preferred sweetener)
Blend Oats and Chia Seeds in Ninja Single Serve until texture of flour. Add Milk. Blend. Add Yogurt, applesauce, Peanut Butter (or PB2), & Cinnamon. Blend until desired smoothness. Taste and add sweetener if desired. Refrigerate overnight, or a minimum of 3 hours, so Oats & Chias can soften. Will keep in refrigerator at least 2-3 days. Shake before drinking.
Too Thick?: add more juice or milk & shake or return to Ninja Blender.
- If you don’t have a Ninja Mega Kitchen System (BL770)to use the cups- go buy one! You’ll LOVE it.
- Depending on my protein or choice of foods for the rest of the day, I will add some protein powder!
Check out other Breakfast and Smoothies here and let me know what you think in the comments!